Safety & Compliance Coordinator
Andrie Inc. has an immediate opening for the position of Safety & Compliance Coordinator.
Ensure regulatory compliance by organizing and maintaining Safety Management System, Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental (HSSE) programs for Andrie Inc. in accordance with company and regulatory requirements and customer expectations.
- Coordinate with other departments within the organization to assist with the continuous improvement of management systems, to ensure compliance with applicable federal laws and regulations concerning marine safety and environmental protection, including the implementation of 46 CFR, Subchapter M.
- Attend vessels to participate with internal and external audits and communicate any findings, and assist with implementing corrective actions and follow the process through completion.
- Ensure vessel Masters and crews are kept informed of any regulatory changes, and monitor performance of shipboard drills, safety meetings, and record keeping.
- Coordinate company environmental program, including vessel ballast water management, environmental monitoring, recycling, and waste disposal. Ensure proper and timely environmental reporting.
- Participate in incident reporting and investigation processes, and compile data for tracking and reporting to both internal and external customers.
- Research and recommend any safety and spill response equipment purchases and plan revision as directed.
- Administer TMSA3 program, SIRE program, and safety statistics reporting.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Manager, HSSE.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a safety related field, or have a minimum of three years’ experience with Marine Safety and / or Industrial Safety. Or, five or more years of employment in the maritime industry with proven experience with safety management systems will also be considered.
- Possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to formulate, communicate and implement Company wide safety programs, including risk assessment, incident investigations, statistical record keeping, and accident prevention programs.
- Ability to drive the safety and compliance agenda for the Company independently under supervision of the Manager, HSSE.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all employees within the organization, while properly represent the company. This will include direct interface with both customers and subcontractors.